Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lemon

Dear Kayden,
Today the two of us were out to lunch with a good friend of mine. You were being fussy so I decided to give you a piece of lemon to suck on. I expected a sour face but thats not what I got. At first you fought it. Then you licked your lips. I gave it to you again and you went to town sucking on it. It was so funny.
So apparently you like sour stuff. Its funny how different that is from your daddy and me. Occasionally I like sour stuff but I prefer sweet or savory before sour. I wonder if you will prefer sour or if you just liked that it was something new. Maybe on Thanksgiving you can try some mashed potatoes :)
Also today we noticed your eyes are going brown!! I win!!! I can't wait to see when they fully change. You are so handsome and get cuter every day!
Today I thought alot about you growing up. I thought about when you turn 8 and hopefully get baptized. When you turn 12 and go to the temple for the first time. When you turn 16 and go on your first date. When you turn 19 and go on your mission. And around 22 when you get married! I am scared these things will come too fast but at the same time I am so excited for them! I love you so much and hope you follow this path in your life. You will be such an example to those around you.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment