Tuesday, August 2, 2011

16 days old & 2 week check up

Dear Kayden,
Last night was really hard. You wouldnt sleep at all! It was so strange cause you slept all day yesterday too! Your amazing father brought you out to the living room so I could get some sleep but it didnt work. So both of us are running on very little sleep today! You are sleeping really well today though. It is nice because your dad is at work tonight but I have a killer headache and I cant really sleep when you do.
Well today was your 2 week check up! Glad to say you are still healthy and strong. You are up to 7 lbs and 10 oz. You are still about 21 inches long! So you are gaining weight but haven't gained any height yet. I think you are going to be tall and lean like your mommy :).
We were super excited that for once you werent going to have to get pricked but they had to do your second PKU test :(. And we found out at your 2 month appt is when you have to get shots! I dont know if I will be able to stay in the room for that. I hate seeing you in pain but I dont want to abandon you either. I guess we will have to wait till it is closer to see what I do.
Well today we got you a little massaging chair. You seem to really like it. But I think you prefer your swing but your swing is getting to be a pain moving it back and forth from the bedroom to the living room everyday. Weve been using it to get you to sleep at night. It usually works pretty well. You are sleeping in it right now. Its pretty cute!
Well the bishopric is coming over in about an hour to see how things are going from you! Oh speaking of which we went to church this past sunday for the first time! We fed you right before we left but you were hungry again after we took the sacrament. So first I changed your diaper. Then I walked around and found the mothers lounge. Sadly it was on the otherside of the building by the other chapel so I couldnt hear our talks but I heard the other wards talks and they were really good! The mothers lounge was the nicest one I have seen yet! There were 12 recliners! They were super comfortable! There was a sink and a changing table too. So I fed you and then changed your diaper again. Then finally headed back to the chapel. I only heard the last half of the last speakers talk. It was nice though. We would have stayed for more but your nana had to get back home. Next week we will try to stay for more.
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment