Thursday, July 28, 2011

11 days! Jaundice update

Dearest Kayden,
Yesterday your daddy took you to the dr cause I cant stand seeing you in pain anymore. So he decided to have a boys morning out and I just stayed home and got a little rest.
 They took you off the light it was so great. It was the best anniversary present ever! We went to the park for the first time. We only did one lap and then you were fussy so we were gonna go home but then you fell asleep so your daddy and I went and got ice cream. It was so nice being able to move you around without the cord.
Oh and your circumcision ring fell off! So that is all healed up thankfully. And your umbilical cord is starting to bleed around the edges which means it is getting ready to fall off. It stinks you are in pain but I am glad that you are almost back to normal and I can give you real baths!!!
Well last night was really hard. You were super fussy. We even moved your swing in the bedroom. It worked for a lil bit but not for long. I even had to send your daddy out to the living room so he could sleep a couple of hours. But of course about 30 minutes after he left you decided to finally fall asleep. I didnt want to move you because I was afraid you would wake up so my wrist is killing me today.
Well then this morning we took you to the doctor. I had to leave the room when they pricked your heal because it is just super hard. Well today was suppose to be your last appointment but when they called us  your jaundice went up from a 13.9 to 14.7. So sadly we had to put you back on the light. It really upset me. So tomorrow they are going to have to prick you again tomorrow. :( I am so sorry you have to go through any pain hun. Mommy is trying to protect you and make you better I just wish you could understand that.
Well your daddy is off to work tonight and I am so tired. So please sleep lots today. I love you tons hun!
Love,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment