Thursday, July 21, 2011

4 days old and first sponge bath

Dearest Kayden,
Last night was an adventure. You stayed up for alomst two hours solid! It was crazy. You ate a ton! Pretty much the whole time. Between that and pooping it was an eventful two hours. You wore 3 different pjs last night too! First one daddy didnt keep you covered while changing your diaper. So you peed everywhere! It was funny. He jumped back leaving me and you to get covered in pee. I covered you up pretty quick though and got you a new pair of pjs. Later on you peed through your diaper on those. And then we put your last set on that actually lasted through the night.
Today has gone really well. Daddy has been gone for most it though. So its just us. But Nana is coming up tonight. She is super excited to see you. She spoils you rotten already.
We gave you your first sponge bath since coming home this afternoon. It went really well. You were awake for most of it and cried very little. So that was nice. Plus we got to put you in your super cute robe.
Something we have  to work on is this whole cluster feeding thing. For the last 4 hours you have eaten every hour! It totally helps the engorgement thing but makes it where I cant do anything which is hard but its okay cause I am hurting too much to actually do anything!
Well tomorrow is your circumcision and I am really nervious. It  is super hard for me not to be holding you and taking care of you but I dont think I can be in the room with your during the circumcision cause when you cry it breaks my heart. So daddy and I will prolly have to wait in the waiting room while they do the surgery. Its just so sad that you are so young and already have to undergo something like that but I know itll be alot better for you in the long run so we are going to do it. Thankfully this isnt something you will remember.
Well remember I love you!!!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment