Saturday, July 23, 2011

6 days old!

Dearest Kayden,
Well today was a good day but last night was kinda hard. Because of the Jaundice you slept pretty solid all day long so last night you were awake for quite a bit and it was killing me. Your amazing daddy was so great and at one point took you in the other room and rocked you while I slept cause I was just completely exhausted. He takes such good care of us!
Then today we had to go to the hospital to get your jaundice levels checked. After your appt while waiting for the results it was a really hard time for me. It just doesnt seem fair that you are so small and young and have something wrong. So I pretty much cried for a hour straight.I was just so worried and so scared something would happen to you.
Well once we had been home for like an hour they called with the test results. Yesterday you were at a 20.1 and today you are at a 17.6!! That is a huge drop. We just need to get you down to a 12. Since there was such a big drop today we dont have to go back in till monday thankfully. I hate seeing them prick your heel but you are pretty good with it.
Oh yesterday I forgot to tell you that daddy gave u a blessing to try to get you better. I think that is why you had such a significant drop. I hope you know what a blessing it is to have the priesthood in our home. I wasnt really raised in a home with it so I am super greatful to have it now. I hope you always stay worthy of it hun. Your wife will appreciate it so much.
Well since we've been home we havent done much. Just fed you lots and cuddled lots. Please keep getting better bud. Mommy hates having this machine set up on you. I just want you to be a healthy boy again
I love you more than anything Kayden and am so greatful Heavenly Father sent you to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment